Monday, April 09, 2012

A Block Of Color

New post already? That must mean one thing: exam time. Taking a break from the studying to update you all on this little outfit I wore out on Thursday night. Initially I was wearing a spider-man tee-shirt, flannel button-up (un-buttoned) and tons of eye make-up. If this is the first post that you're reading of mine, I'll let you in on a little secret: that is not necessarily my style (although I wouldn't dismiss it completely). Why was I dressed this way? Before going downtown, my boyfriend Adrian, friend Skanes and I went to a 90s party. I went for the grunge look. But feeling a bit out of my element, I decided to quickly stop home (it was on the way) before going downtown to do a quick change, and this is what I came up with (all the while being a little inebriated). 


top: old navy. skirt: forever 21+. clutch & bracelet: forever 21. shoes and necklace: aldo.

Excuse the lack of quality of the photo and the backdrop; we were at a disadvantage since it was dark outside and the house was too cluttered to take the picture inside.


First time I've worn these wedges since the summer.  It was by no means warm on Thursday night but the tights kept my toes toasty.


A pic without flash ... notice the snow in the background.  To my "luck", it rained since Thursday, and the snow melted away in our backyard.  Well you know the saying: "April showers bring may flowers".  Much better ring to it than "April snowflakes will make by stomach quake".  I guess I'll have to get used to the rain, with our big move to Vancouver just months away. : )

<3


2 comments:

  1. Love the colour-blocking Julia & those fabulous shoes! When are you headed to Van? I'll be back there in May :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawna you doll! We're moving to Vancouver in July, my school starts August 2nd. I'll be needing a friendly face to show me around the city so I'll be relying on the likes of you if you would be so kind? : )

      Delete