Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Lonely Girl's Thanksgiving

So... I am one who is a closet-romantic.  I don't like to show it off, I feel like it's a weakness.  Maybe it's because I want to have a tough exterior, I want to be a part of the "cool crowd", or because I'm just un-true to myself.  Regardless of whatever reasoning is behind it, if you're telling me something romantic, I will act like it makes me sick while in reality I'm melting inside.

Cue my boyfriend of three years, who knows me better than I thought, to say the most romantic things to me on the phone while he's away (working for a month).  Essentially, I melt in my chair, and blush like a girl who just got her first kiss.  This made me think of how much I miss him, and how much I missed him being here on valentine's day.

Which leads me to this post!  I'm here to share what got me through on valentines day.  If you're single, in a relationship, asexual, whatever; I hope this post will find you and help you realize that valentine's day can also be a day where you share what you love and what makes you happy.  I know the saying: don't love something that can't love you back.  But today, I'm going to ignore that saying, and give a list of the things I LOVED on valentine's day (so maybe you can be prepared for next year)

In no particular order:

1. My clothes.  Clothes are made of fabric... and they can't love you back (duh.. if that was the case, I'm sure most of us would just marry our favorite dress or purse).  But whenever I get in a funk and can't really get out of it, one thing that makes me feel happy is playing dress up with my own clothes, or by organizing them.

2. Music.  This is self-explanatory.

3. Food.  As a plus-sized fashionista, of course food is going to be added into this list.  However... I'm hoping that I'll stay away from junk food and only indulge sometimes.  Even if you're comfortable in your skin, you should still try and get some exercise and eat your veggies!  (Note: must take my own advice).

4. The internet.  Stumble upon... Perezhilton... Bloglovin... e-Bay... all are amazing distractions from feeling lonely : )

5. Myself.  Call me vain, selfish, whatever.  I'm a big fan of Jules, even though I do have my fair share of self-loathing moments (usually over petty things.. i.e. why is my hair acting this way today, F*#K).  I've accomplished a lot with the cards I've been dealt and I feel like I've managed to somewhat become a Hepburn in a Hilton world*.

6. Future.  I watched the latest episode of Glee (season 3, episode 14 "On My Way"), and a big notion of the episode was it gets better.  The cast took time to think about new experiences that they are excited to have.  For me, it's to live with my hubby in Vancouver to start a new chapter in our life: one that is completely new and unfamiliar to both of us.  If I gave up and got caught up with the present, than I wouldn't be able to experience monumental moments!

And that's all I have for you today!  No outfits to show, although I said I would show more, but like I said... this blog is also about my lifestyle, which is spazzy.  : )

<3

*This is a book.  A book that I should purchase.  Note that I said "somewhat become"... I'm not completely Hepburn material.  I still make a fool of myself at times.  Case in point: went home over the weekend and over indulged with wine.  Oh well... that's one of those little life lessons.   ... right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment