Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A Year Has Come And Gone

Well... I'm saddened that it's a new year, and I only had one blog post.  Not once did I forget this blog existed, but I had hoped it would just disappear based on the fact that it is a failure.  I failed to update it, I failed to take note of my outfits that cater to my full-figure, I failed at anything and everything that had to do with blogging.

Sadly, I don't have any outfits to post.  Surprise surprise.  It's been one heck of a year.  I applied and got into Blanche Macdonald, which is exciting and scary at the same time.  I put in my admission to graduate this spring at Memorial University, which will more than likely be happening.  Therefore, come July, I will be packing up my life and moving to the west coast of Canada.

I love the west coast; my father lives on Vancouver Island.  It's beautiful.  But so is Newfoundland, and this place has been my home for 22 years.  So at this point of my life, I'm mostly scared.

There has also been some family issues going on.  A dear relative of mine was diagnosed with cancer, and this hasn't been the first incidence of cancer within our family.  So... it's all just very worrying, and I'm frightened at what the future holds

So let me announce the word of my day/month/year: SCARY.

So far, this has just been one lame post.  An outlet for me to complain about all things wrong in my life right now.  But I still give you hope.  Because that's what I hope to supply with this blog, even if it never gets more than one visiter: me.  This blog will be updated when I have a night where I'm just trolling through the internet with no final destination.  It will be updated when I feel inspired about my figure and want to share things that I can read later on.  It will be filled with reality: scary thoughts, complaints, first world problems, real life problems, but will also be filled with... you guessed it, HOPE.

Scary may be the most influential word in my mind right now, but here is the most influential sentence:

"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest." 

If this blog finds you, let it take you out of your darkest of days, and help you focus on your brightest ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment